Monthly Archives: June 2017

BlogArt_June2017_3

Paddock Appeal

By | Buying | No Comments

It comes as no shock that real estate is a very visual industry. That’s why you hear of people spending thousands on staging, renovating, landscaping and preparing their property for when it hits the market. And if they’re spending wisely, these upgrades can pay off. Curb appeal is one of the areas that people often invest in. You only get one chance to make a first impression…might as well make it a good one! Sprucing up that 30 feet at the front of a home in downtown Guelph can work wonders. Now just imagine if that frontage was 500 feet…

Read More
BlogArt_June2017_4

A tale of two markets

If you’re a buyer in Guelph’s white hot real estate market, you may be thinking that this market is too insane to invest in. All homes sell in multiple offers for a hundred thousand over asking or more. Your offer is just a spit in the bucket and the biggest number always wins. You scoff at listing prices because you “just know” it’ll go way over asking. You’re burnt out and discouraged and tired of playing the “but what will this ACTUALLY sell for” guessing game. If you’re a seller in this market, you may be thinking that you won’t…

Read More
Blog_June2017_2

Tough first call! Condo or a house

Hey You,… Yes You!  Guess what?I have a secret to share with you. Are you ready for this? It’s worth the wait I promise! Being a first time home buyer under 35… is… challenging to say the least. Yes- you heard me right. And this is coming from the mouth of your local ’35 and under’ real estate agent.  I’m sure at this point you are scratching your head and wondering why a real estate agent would make such claims. I say this because I am in your shoes. I’m in the market to buy and yes- you guessed it,…

Read More