Monthly Archives: August 2016

tinyhouses_2

Love tiny houses – Chapter Deux

By | Buying | No Comments

There are questions every home buyer should ask themselves while they are looking at homes, but they are especially important when looking at tiny houses: How do I use my home? What is most important to me?  When you are considering buying a home with less than 900sqft there are going to be concessions. But when you decide what is most important you won’t feel as though you are compromising.  Chances are if you’re looking at a tiny home you will have already thought about downsizing your life at least a little bit, but have you thought about how you…

Read More
6renos

Do the renos that really pay

By | Selling | No Comments

So you want to sell your Guelph home but you take a look around and see nothing but work and renos. You think to yourself,  ”Should I take a loss and sell it as is or should I do some renos??” Most people opt out when it comes to doing any work to their home but don’t realize that they are leaving thousands of dollars on the table by not doing simple, minor updates. Today’s buyers are looking for move in ready, I don’t want to lift a finger type of home, meaning buyer’s are willing to pay more and…

Read More
westsidenumbers1

West-end Numbers Crunched – Townhomes

By | Investment Property | No Comments

The West-end of Guelph has always held a special place in my heart. It’s where I’ve lived most of my life, so naturally I favour this part of town, but from a real estate perspective I also believe the value in the West end can be unmatched compared to anywhere else in the city. Not everyone wants to live in the West, so for the people who do want to live here the home buying process can be much less competitive than other areas of the city and prices tend to be something more people can afford. Now if you’re…

Read More