Monthly Archives: April 2016

BIGDECISION

The BIG Decision | The Strategy

By | Investment Property | No Comments

It is a well known fact that investing in real estate can yield some of the highest returns on investment (ROI) when compared to alternative investment vehicles.  That being said, for the first-time investor, selecting the right property and strategy can be a daunting task at best.  Your friends, family, and even financial advisors will have their own personal opinion on what’s the smartest real estate investment you can make, but in actuality, it is your individual investment criteria which will ultimately decide what sub-category of real estate will best reflect your investment goals.  Profitability aside, one has to consider…

Read More
TWStore_Reviewed_aventinehill

TWStore Reviewed | Aventine Hill, South Guelph

By | New Construction | No Comments

Bird Landing at Aventine Hill is a new executive townhome community in the South End of Guelph. Thomasfield has a great reputation for building high quality new homes in Guelph and Southern Ontario. You can see the pride of ownership that comes with building a Thomasfield home if you look around the Pine Ridge community. Why I Love This Project South End Location Aventine Hill is just a few minutes north of the 401 which is great for commuters or for those who love to spend time in Toronto or London.  The south end of Guelph has really built up…

Read More
pets

Selling a Guelph Home: What to Do with the Pets?

By | Selling | 2 Comments

Okay, okay – first things first. Anyone who has known me for more than five minutes will know this: I’m a huge animal advocate. I love and respect animals, and I am ever-grateful that my two Boston Terriers allow me to live in their home. They’re so generous that way. But pets and home sales? Well… that’s not quite so simple. The reality is that, if you’re selling a home in Guelph, you’ve got to face the facts: pets and selling a home don’t always go hand in paw… at least not easily. We real estate agents love to tell war stories, and…

Read More
purchasingpower

Purchasing Power

By | Investment Property | No Comments

For the average investor, building up your real estate portfolio takes time and patience. Every journey starts with a single step, and the single most important step in building your real estate investment portfolio is buying your first property. Unless you have access to large sums of cash, saving up for a down payment on your first home can be hard, especially if you’re currently renting and paying as much or more than you would on a mortgage already. Despite how hard this process can be, saving up your first down payment and buying your first property is crucial to…

Read More