Monthly Archives: April 2015

soyouwanttobuild

So you want to build?

By | New Construction | 2 Comments

If you are like a lot of people, at some point you’ve probably thought about building a new home. For those who haven’t gone through the new build process before, the idea can be intimidating. How complicated is building new, what are the steps, and where do you even begin?  What are the benefits and drawbacks compared with resale?  Building a new home can be a very exciting undertaking!  Throughout my 15 years in real estate sales, I have helped numerous buyers in the construction of homes ranging from the under-1500-square-foot townhouse to the million-dollar-plus custom home.  It is one…

Read More
riverfrontliving

Finding luxury in a riverfront townhome

By | New Construction | No Comments

Guelph has thrived along the banks of the Speed and Eramosa River since its establishment in 1827. Guelph’s river rront has seen redevelopment numerous times over the years, Agrarian life turned into industrial use which has given way to residential uses in the past years. Living on the water’s edge started as a necessity and has transformed over the years, but until now there has never been living options like this in Guelph. Today in Guelph there are 2 riverfront options for luxury living that are well worth discussion; The MetalWorks River Loft’s and OneEighty. This article will focus on…

Read More
MOVECOUNTRY2

So you want to move to the country | Chapter 2 – The basics of septic

By | Buying | One Comment

Rolling green hills, cows grazing lazily, horses eating apples right out of your hands, space, fresh air – what is there not to like about the country? It’s not for everyone, but for those who grew up in the country and for those who always dreamed of wide open spaces and a slower way of life it is the only way to go. I have already talked about some of the fundamentals of moving to the country, including how to heat your home, which you can read here. Arguably the most important mechanical component to living in the country is the…

Read More
investment101

Investment Property 101

By | Investment Property | One Comment

Here’s my perspective on real estate investment properties. I use the same type of criteria that a company like Skyline Properties uses when they are buying large apartment buildings and malls, but the same market dynamics apply in both cases. Real estate has proven itself to be one of the most secure forms of investment over the past 50 years, and I believe it remains so today. There has been talk about a “bubble”, but as long as the government supports the current levels of immigration to Canada (300,000/yr.) there’s a market for new housing and in many cases, people…

Read More
ff_sepia_loft

Featured Floorplan | The Sepia with loft

By | New Construction | No Comments

This home is just shy of 2400 sq ft and offers so much flexible living space its crazy! From the versatile 3rd level loft space to the entirely open main floor this home is suited for…well…everyone! Main floor highlights: Spacious entry and generous hallways Secondary laundry location/mud room 9 -foot main floor ceiling heights Cathedral ceiling in the great room Walk-thru pantry with pocket doors Granite counters with under mount sink and Kohler facets Large great room at the rear of the house with 8′ sliding door system Second floor highlights: Up-stairs laundry Large closets throughout the second floor, including…

Read More